22 October, 2011

-1.0/-1.2: That's More Like It

It's strange that unsuccessful or semi-successful weeks are so easy to reflect on and write about while a successful week like this one leaves my mind so blank.  I guess I'll just have to reflect on what made this week successful and how it could have been more successful.

The thing that had the greatest influence on my loss this week is greater diligence in accurately tracking my points.  In the previous week, I tracked everything but I was a little loose on how accurate my tracking was.  This week I tried to err on the side of over-estimating points values when I was uncertain.

In terms of how I could have been more successful this week, I think I could have made some more nutritionally sound choices in how I spent my points.  Not all points are created equally, and a decrease in the amount of greasy or fatty foods that I eat in a week wouldn't go amiss.  Sticking to my points will absolutely lead to weight loss, but it's important to remember that the real goal is not to lose weight but to be a healthier and fitter individual.

Goal time.  In the coming week I will continue to track everything and drink a minimum of 64 ounces of water.  My new goal is to have at least two 30 minute workouts.  At this point I won't worry about the intensity, just that I get out there two times during the week and do something.

Again only one goal.  I think these easy to achieve, small goals are really the key to my success so far.

No comments: